Here’s a guest post from Michael Hope, of The Case Study Writers; enjoy his post about the many ways you can use social media to share your successful customer stories. You can find out more at his site – www.thecasestudywriters.co.uk.
The key to successful B2B marketing is to communicate and educate.
However, having a steady stream of original, interesting and relevant things to share with your social media followers, likes and connections can be a bit of a challenge.
Thinking ahead and building a content calendar can help. But so can certain types of content.
My personal favourite are case studies or customer success stories. They take a bit of work to get right but once you have the original content captured (and approved!) it can be re-used and re-purposed in different ways, giving you the opportunity to share what is essentially the same information many times over.
However, on social media in particular, it is vital to use them in an educational way rather than as opportunities to shamefully name-drop or promote your business.
Here is a quick example of how versatile case studies can be:
- Announce (share) the original story with links back to your website
- Tease out each benefit as a series of “learning” shares
- Use the content in group discussions to lend credibility to your recommendations
- Roll up the content into your company/CEO blog
- Secure speaker engagements – and share this….
- Secure award nominations – and yes….more opportunities to share
- Create short YouTube video versions – and share these….
You get the idea. A few case studies in your pipeline will soon fill up your social media content calendar! And if you are interested in more examples of how you can re-use and re-purpose case studies then check out my free guide The 5 Essential Things You Need to do to Turn Your Customer Success into New Business at www.thecasestudywriters.co.uk.